Monday, December 17, 2012

CBC Bucky Award Winners!

I almost forgot about this! Here are the winners.
Some surprises... some I expected.
GO GRIMES!


ROOKIE OF THE YEAR (Best New Band)
-I would have picked Purity Ring

HOTTEST PIPES (Best Vocal Performance)
Hannah Georgas for "
Robotic
-My pick too!

BEST REASON TO LEARN FRENCH (Best Francophone Song)
"
Entre Ici Pis Chez Vous" by Bernard Adamus
-Danielle Duval "Jour devient nuit" had my vote!
 
MOST WATCHABLE SONG (Best Music Video of the Year)
"
We Are 1980" by Said The Whale
-Bahamas "Caught Me Thinking" was DELIGHTFUL.... but I do have an Afie crush. 
 
BEST REASON TO BUY A CONCERT TICKET (Best Live Act)
-This was a tough one for me, I thought all the acts in this category were just so-so... I am not a fan of the new Mother Mother album... although I have seen them live in the past and it was great so... I see why they were chosen.

#socialbutterfly (Best Social Media User)
Said The Whale  @saidthewhale
-I chose Dan Mangan, but I think I'm biased. (But come on, he did win Sexiest Bucky 2011 for a reason!)
 
THE HUGH LECAINE ELECTRONIC SACKBUT AWARD (Best Electronic Song)
"
Oblivion" by Grimes
-Hell yes!
 
SEXIEST ARTIST
Jaycelyn Brown (of Said The Whale)
-All sexy :)

THE GOLDEN BUCKY (Best Song of the Year)
"Lightning Bolt" by Joel Plaskett
-Weird choice. Although, I thought all the songs nominated were weird choices. I would have picked Kateleen Edwards or Wintersleep though!

No comments:

Post a Comment